Sunday, March 05, 2006

I Will Not Complain

Because this is my choice-- to be at home, cuddling up with my laptop and Sundance proposal that is due, like tomorrow. Oh no, I could be on Canal Street, dressed up like Catherine Keener at a spin-off of the fabulous Oscar party I've been going to since 1993. This time last year, Greg and I were hosting the Oscar's in Brooklyn at Pete's Candy Store-- dressed to the nines, giving away prizes and getting drunk on the big screen. The year before, I was Charlize Theron caked in mud to take - home the best oscar and "best costume" chocolate oscar at Adam's apartment. Josh was a close second dressed as Mr. Friedman in Capturing the Friedmans.

But this year... Greg is on hiatus to work on his book, so Pete and Matthew (of HX and gay-excess fame) are throwing the party. Greg usually spends weeks preparing for the party, but needing to concentrate on his book, he took a break this year, and well, without him, who fucking cares?

I've got a film to raise money for... Yes. What Fun It Is. Actually, the writing is going really well, so back I go.

I hope Jon Stewart's speech will be transcribed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home