Counting the Calamaties
Life Sucks. Dana left today. My best friend and office mate for 5 years. Gone. I am so bad at faking things... the new regime is challenging, to say the least. Dreading the process of job searching, but so it begins...
To add to the calamaties, I got stood up this a.m., had a date w/a French journalist and she fucked up, so I twiddled my thumbs at 8:30 AM (I do love the morning...) and wasted time, didn't go to yoga, and steamed. Then had a cavity drilled with no novacaine! And I think the dentist hit on me.... "so, you dating?" fingers in my mouth, drill in hand. I was thinking "Why? Did your wife just leave you?" Ugh. Not at the dentist when I'm miserable, come on.
After one hour of sweat and pleasure at yoga I realized I left my phone at work so hooking up with this friend to go to a gallery (after being stood up by flaky filmmaker for a drink that insisted we meet, that I don't give two shits about) so -- call from the payphone, which is a long forgotten experience in Manhattan. There were blunt wrappers and sweet and lo wrappers -- basically pay phones are used only by foreign tourists and crack heads these days. A chic from yoga class stared at me as I used it. I should have held out my hand for change. Instead of hearing from the guy I was supposed to go out with instead of the filmmaker that flaked on me, I get a message from my high-class printer, in charge of my invitations for upcoming fundraiser that the invites were messed up and imperfect and nearly unusable. So money down the drain, time drifting away, and another annoying thing I don't want to freaking deal with.
Frenchie apologized...and just came over and interviewed me as I bumbled around like a fool talking about 9/11. It is her birthday, so we drank wine. But she is tellement adorable, so it was a nice experience. A nice end to the day, unless my kitchen springs a leak or my apartment gets invaded by bats. It has been that kind of day.
Tomorrow beckons -- more calamaties surely await.
To add to the calamaties, I got stood up this a.m., had a date w/a French journalist and she fucked up, so I twiddled my thumbs at 8:30 AM (I do love the morning...) and wasted time, didn't go to yoga, and steamed. Then had a cavity drilled with no novacaine! And I think the dentist hit on me.... "so, you dating?" fingers in my mouth, drill in hand. I was thinking "Why? Did your wife just leave you?" Ugh. Not at the dentist when I'm miserable, come on.
After one hour of sweat and pleasure at yoga I realized I left my phone at work so hooking up with this friend to go to a gallery (after being stood up by flaky filmmaker for a drink that insisted we meet, that I don't give two shits about) so -- call from the payphone, which is a long forgotten experience in Manhattan. There were blunt wrappers and sweet and lo wrappers -- basically pay phones are used only by foreign tourists and crack heads these days. A chic from yoga class stared at me as I used it. I should have held out my hand for change. Instead of hearing from the guy I was supposed to go out with instead of the filmmaker that flaked on me, I get a message from my high-class printer, in charge of my invitations for upcoming fundraiser that the invites were messed up and imperfect and nearly unusable. So money down the drain, time drifting away, and another annoying thing I don't want to freaking deal with.
Frenchie apologized...and just came over and interviewed me as I bumbled around like a fool talking about 9/11. It is her birthday, so we drank wine. But she is tellement adorable, so it was a nice experience. A nice end to the day, unless my kitchen springs a leak or my apartment gets invaded by bats. It has been that kind of day.
Tomorrow beckons -- more calamaties surely await.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home