The Canadian Leg of My World Tour
Does anyone get the Hedwig reference? I did have a Hedwig moment showing the film to 15 awkward and timid students at lunch time forcing them to confront really difficult subject matter over bagels. That was ridiculous. Like Hedwig talking about being a transexual East Berliner in a steak joint in St. Louis. Similar.
Realized my days as a student and freewheeling gal may be winding down. I offered to help my organizers save a dime, so when they asked if I minded sharing a room in a hotel with a stranger, my hostess, I said no. I realized that showing my 7 minute sample and facilitating a discussion with young people about sex, consent, rape, desire, boundaries, etc., and acting as "educator" which is not really my role, but sort of becomes my role by example and experience is EXHAUSTING. And warrants either alone time or a really empathic and conscious hostess. Which I do not currently have. Its sort of draining work, so waking up startled to someone else's snoring... scary and weird. I lobbied for a single room the next nights.
My experience in Montreal was incredible. A really nice turnout of students and a great set of questions that I will work to incorporate in the larger film. Montreal is DOPE -- holy shit -- they want us back for a Heeb party in early April, I'm so there. Went shopping and eating. Great city, good looking and friendly people, great food and shops, just a good vibe all around. Can't wait to see it in better weather.
I was at McMaster university last night -- with some fierce queer and feminist students and lots of engaged young women. We talked for about 2 hours, people sharing, a lot of engagement. Totally what its about for me, opening up the conversation. Makes me very eager to get back to shooting.
Tonight is my last night -- eager to get home... back to La Neuva Yorka and chill with the cameraman to perhaps attend the Borat Opening Night and eat an expensive dinner. I got him a gig for Friday, so now he'll shower Moi with the proceeds. We like that.
Saturday I make final tweaks on the 7 minute with the editor and then mail it out to the world. The goal is to pre sell the shit out of this lil' film in Amsterdam at the end of the month. That's where its all going to happen. The piece is really strong and engaging, needs a few tweaks and a killer press kit.
And off we go. Cold and snowy now. After tonight's screening with insensitive hostess, have to hop back in the car and head to my airport hotel. Is it rude to drink in the car while she drives?
Realized my days as a student and freewheeling gal may be winding down. I offered to help my organizers save a dime, so when they asked if I minded sharing a room in a hotel with a stranger, my hostess, I said no. I realized that showing my 7 minute sample and facilitating a discussion with young people about sex, consent, rape, desire, boundaries, etc., and acting as "educator" which is not really my role, but sort of becomes my role by example and experience is EXHAUSTING. And warrants either alone time or a really empathic and conscious hostess. Which I do not currently have. Its sort of draining work, so waking up startled to someone else's snoring... scary and weird. I lobbied for a single room the next nights.
My experience in Montreal was incredible. A really nice turnout of students and a great set of questions that I will work to incorporate in the larger film. Montreal is DOPE -- holy shit -- they want us back for a Heeb party in early April, I'm so there. Went shopping and eating. Great city, good looking and friendly people, great food and shops, just a good vibe all around. Can't wait to see it in better weather.
I was at McMaster university last night -- with some fierce queer and feminist students and lots of engaged young women. We talked for about 2 hours, people sharing, a lot of engagement. Totally what its about for me, opening up the conversation. Makes me very eager to get back to shooting.
Tonight is my last night -- eager to get home... back to La Neuva Yorka and chill with the cameraman to perhaps attend the Borat Opening Night and eat an expensive dinner. I got him a gig for Friday, so now he'll shower Moi with the proceeds. We like that.
Saturday I make final tweaks on the 7 minute with the editor and then mail it out to the world. The goal is to pre sell the shit out of this lil' film in Amsterdam at the end of the month. That's where its all going to happen. The piece is really strong and engaging, needs a few tweaks and a killer press kit.
And off we go. Cold and snowy now. After tonight's screening with insensitive hostess, have to hop back in the car and head to my airport hotel. Is it rude to drink in the car while she drives?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home