Monday, August 13, 2007

Life's not all vacations...

Life is also sitting in too tight shorts at a job where your clock is running out. Both under and over stimulating, but not in a good way.

Did great work on my treatment this weekend, then got slammed by my trusty editrix and pal, who gave me great, thoughtful feedback. The problem is it is not universal enough - I swing like the Pisces pendulum that I am -- one extreme to another. Too theoretical, too personal -- gotta get it in the middle. Maybe tonight is the night? Yes!

MOST importantly is the treatment is forcing me to sketch out the story - the "ABC" as it were, and matching images/scenes to plot to move things forward, which has been a delight of digitizing and digging and actually figuring out what the film itself may look like and feel like AND knowing that I have a damn lot of material, so I can actually build something.

Went to see the new date rape film with Rosario "I saved this movie because I'm a great actress and insanely beautiful" Dawson. It's called DESCENT and it's a horrendous film, truly awful and over the top inauthentic with some little tidbits of decent-ness. It inspired me, because even if I struggle with The Line, it will never be as bad as Descent is.

Finished Ayaan Hirsi Ali's Infidel... wow, she's an amazing woman.

Also went to Coney again with Susie aka "Man Magnet" Kim and had a blast having the entire world erupt around us as we lay back in bikinis. We even got free dinner later on in Sunset Park... and watched the drunkest men ever sculpt a larger than life porn-sand woman in the stretch beside us, and spend lots of time on perfecting her lady-parts.

Pictures to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home