Monday, March 27, 2006

Ilil takes Manhattan



Ilil Alexander's film is "Keep Not Silent -- Orthodykes" I don't think I mentioned the title. But its a fantastic film, really well made and moving. Get out there and see it.

Yo -- I'm exhausted. Hosting Ilil is amazing and our conversations are intense, I'm inspired, a bit overwhelmed, and happy to be giving back to her the way she gave to me. She gave me an incredible crit on Saturday, I'm still sort of picking up the pieces. My mom wonders if maybe I should just have a group forum and get smashed all in one go? But I don't think the crit-process gets any easier, so off I go into the editing room again, this Friday. But what is incredibly powerful, is that now with a month's time and distance from the 13 minutes, Ilil enabled me to see what is unclear and vague and not serving my story -- so my task is really one of chopping and tightening. So I'm in a decent place, not one that lacks, but one that gives away too much non-essential information. The deflation gives RISE to production yet again. And with this hopefully gorgeous and improved piece -- I'll give away dvds like candy at Hotdocs and continue my efforts to conquer the world or just make this fucking film.

Now -- this dude found me online somehow and wants to send me more info on his invention. He created a coaster for your drink that can detect any GHB or Khetamine or drug slipped into your beverage. His friend was drugged and raped, so he got pissed and created this coaster: http://www.drinksafetech.com.au/index.html
Totally cool. We LOVE men who take action, and if only I could find away for them to fly me to Australia to meet and interview, I'd put them in my movie ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home