Thursday, May 10, 2007

HBO Network head strangles girlfriend in Vegas

NEW YORK: Time Warner announced that the chairman and chief executive of its Home Box Office unit, Chris Albrecht, had agreed to resign at the company's request, three days after he was arrested and charged with assaulting a girlfriend in a Las Vegas parking lot.
Albrecht's resignation, on Wednesday night, came a day after he announced he was taking a leave of absence. In a memorandum to his colleagues Tuesday, Albrecht said that he was an alcoholic and that the incident in Las Vegas, on which he did not elaborate, was the result of a lapse in his sobriety.

*pet peeve #3,782
when people blame sexual and physical assault on "a lapse in sobriety"
I've had several "lapses" of sobriety, hell, I drink - and sometimes "get drunk" but I don't assault, strangle or rape people when trashed. And I probably wouldn't blame the booze if I did. I may take a minute to realize that I'm a violent asshole with anger control problems and a touch of misogyny... or maybe I wouldn't.

Do we even want to talk about the pistol whipping Phil Specter?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home