I look like a settler?
This is a new one. Had a drink with a magazine editor tonight in Tel Aviv, we discussed porn and the fad of Israelis having sex in public bathrooms at night clubs. Our talk turned to politics, as my cameraman and I had been discussing settlements, so it was on my mind. That's when he busted the "you look like a settler, I don't know, something about your hair, you're Anglo-Saxon, so..." Anglo-Saxon = settler? Well, at least its not Anglo Saxon = ho bag.
Its all the stranger because I'm wearing some of Ma'yan's clothes this evening -- which are like weird cool knicker shorts with my legwarmer boots and a tight pink sweater. Knickers and legwarmer boots are not traditional settler fashion. And I showed Etai and Ma'ayan the blog, and Etai was not thrilled that I called him "a hater" even if it is slang for uh, well, hating... Ma'yan had no problems with my assessment of her hair or her dog.
Am tired of shlepping around Tel Aviv like a gypsy (and I mean that in the glamorous life-on-the-road sort of way, not in a negative anti-Roma way), honestly, I'm kind of over Tel Aviv right now. It feels relentlessly social and kind of boring. Feel really good in Jerusalem.
Flounce is gone for the weekend so will be luxuriously alone. Going to prepare a shotlist for me and cameraman and relax.
Its all the stranger because I'm wearing some of Ma'yan's clothes this evening -- which are like weird cool knicker shorts with my legwarmer boots and a tight pink sweater. Knickers and legwarmer boots are not traditional settler fashion. And I showed Etai and Ma'ayan the blog, and Etai was not thrilled that I called him "a hater" even if it is slang for uh, well, hating... Ma'yan had no problems with my assessment of her hair or her dog.
Am tired of shlepping around Tel Aviv like a gypsy (and I mean that in the glamorous life-on-the-road sort of way, not in a negative anti-Roma way), honestly, I'm kind of over Tel Aviv right now. It feels relentlessly social and kind of boring. Feel really good in Jerusalem.
Flounce is gone for the weekend so will be luxuriously alone. Going to prepare a shotlist for me and cameraman and relax.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home