Woa I'm on a different planet
Camped out at Ecuadorian money exchange/phone card/internet "cafe" a warm and snug locale hiding just beneath the elevated D train at Ft. Hamilton and New Utrecht in Brooklyn. Never heard of that intersection? Of course you haven't.. it's my new top secret neighborhood on the border of Boro and just below Sunset PARK. I love it... I'll be online and laundering money in Latin America for a mere $2. Phone calls to Poland? No problem... silver sets for the Jewish holidays? We have them. Frogs for some rice porridge? Over here... gambling parlors, cigarettes where you can still smoke, women in wigs, cholos in cowboy hats, empenadas, polish pastries, Israeli hummus, Vietnamese Pho, and White Castle all live here.
Internet will arrive magically to the glistening, sunny, large two bedroom this Friday, although my gas was just shut off this morning.
The blogger directions are written in Spanish and I have to get to Soho (the big city!) for a performance so off I go... computer updates coming soon... but fyi -- I'm loving my non-employed life, loving my co-habitation with boyfriend, and loving working on my film all day!
Pix to come
Internet will arrive magically to the glistening, sunny, large two bedroom this Friday, although my gas was just shut off this morning.
The blogger directions are written in Spanish and I have to get to Soho (the big city!) for a performance so off I go... computer updates coming soon... but fyi -- I'm loving my non-employed life, loving my co-habitation with boyfriend, and loving working on my film all day!
Pix to come

2 Comments:
So my comments are very late, but I am very happy that you are so happy.
Girl - you deserve it!!!!
Enjoy the freedom and see you soon!
i LOVE your hood!!!!
everyone shhhh. ssssshhhhhhhhh!
i'm surprised you posted about it ;)
Post a Comment
<< Home